Our team has 70 plus years of combined experience. We establish production programs which generate risk adjusted investment returns above inflation. Our investment programs are designed for the Long Term Investor, tailored to their particular needs.
- We carefully develop a comprehensive production program based on client needs and risk comfort level.
- We will source high quality properties which offer value improvement opportunity through management and production increases.
- We perform a complete “due diligence” on each farm before we acquire it.
- We acquire properties in areas with high potential and infrastructure.
- We abide by the Principles for Responsible Investment in Farmland.
As institutional investment managers, we have a fiduciary duty to act in the best long-term financial interest of our beneficiaries and clients. In this fiduciary role, we believe that environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) factors can represent sources of financial risk and opportunity for or investment portfolios. At the same time we acknowledge that farmland investments have implications for the people and the natural environment in the place where we invest. We are therefore committed to incorporating ESG factors into our investment policy and processes were appropriate.
- We are team oriented and work hard on forming a strong team for each property.
- We look at commitment and willingness to learn as a strong trait when selecting associates.
- We believe in empowerment – so we need to educate and train our teams.
- We believe that ‘What can be measured can be managed.'
- We believe in continuous improvement, and exceeding local standards in everything we do.
- We emphasize sustainable returns over temporary gains.
- Our Environmental Policy governs all farm management activity and ensures that good stewardship is paramount.
- We believe that Responsible Farming can feed the world and protect the environment at the same time.
- We make it central to eliminate waste by saving resources.
- We will maintain well-structured soils and fertility through careful use and integrating adequate rotations. (holistic management)
- Our Corporate Character - is that of the financial fiduciary. We are forward looking, clear that any successful investment includes effectively establishing and running the project; however equally important is anticipating and planning for the successful, profitable exit.
- Capturing capital gains - We understand the importance of our fiduciary responsibility to enhance investment performance and realize capital gains. The correct time to sell farmland will announce itself when the "capital gains return" achieved by selling outperforms the “risk adjusted returns” from holding the investment.
- Value creation – We want to enhance farm value through world class production techniques and sound management.
- Superior assets - Acquiring high quality properties with state-of-the-art production allows us to increase liquidity with a larger number of potential buyers. By having farms which are well managed and sustainable production we increase sale liquidity.
- Vigilance - For this we continuously assess market conditions through our own brokerage department and with a trusted network of other brokers.